Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cold Sushi

That's it, we now have a sushi place. I don't know what it's called but it's right down the street by Place Leon Blum. Today was the first cold day in Paris. Maybe it was just that i had cut my hair this morning or that i was out in the high 30 degree weather with a light jacket but i was cold. Gretchen and I had to do some shopping at Monoprix but hadden't eaten lunch which is how we ended up in a little non descript sushi joint on at Saturday afternoon. That's my soup and salad above. Yes, we are drinking Heiniken, we do that a lot. The French do a lot of things very well but they are shit at brewing beer. Maybe the excellentness of Vermont beer has us spoiled.
Our lunch.
Gretchen killing the sushi. Great food and a great little old lady waiting on us, she insisted that we take a shot of saki before leaving because it was cold outside, that's service.

2 comments:

Luke and Kayla said...

Damn, you now I'm craving sushi! Looked like some pretty nice rolls. Have you ever tried to make sushi? It's really pretty easy! Sometimes not as pretty but still damn good. You should give it a shot, just get good fish!

Julia said...

I wish I liked sushi! I think I would be way cooler and much more cultured if I did. I have tried it several times and just never liked it, but I dont really like fish either, so maybe I just have immature tastebuds. Oh well, enough about me. I am glad yall found a place you like!