Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dinner and an opening

I swear I had already decided that I loved the art before I drank these.
This is a piece by Eric White, it's really big, I should have put G beside it to give it some perspective. When I got home i realized that I hadn't taken a picture of the trippiest work i the show.
Daniel Davidson's stuff was really twisted and almost obscene in a very cool way.

Becca and G talking about how awesome free campari and orange juice is at any event.
What?

Art
Upstairs were several instillation pieces by Jennifer Vasher made entirely of pills.
We ended up talking to Eric White for a long time about his work and how he was enjoying Paris, he was unbelievably nice(he could have simply been happy to hear some unaccented English). his is one of three of these split head negative paintings, very cool.
He also had a series of doctored album covers. Can you guess what album this is based on?
After the opening G and I headed off for a late dinner.
Hmmm should I eat of just keep drinking?
This is my serious "I'm drinking free cognac and it is delicious but strong" look.
Pretty lady.

We've been here how long?
And the evening ends with Star Trek season one.

1 comment:

Luke and Kayla said...

Have you seen the new trek yet?